|Documents Required||:||CV (Resume), Cover Letter/Application|
|Job Category||:||NGO / INGO / Social work|
|Job Type||:||Full Time|
|Educational Qualification||:||Bachelor's Degree|
|Expiry Date||:||2018-09-27 - Expired|
Position: Livelihoods Officer (LO)
Duty Station: Technical Support Unit (TSU) with frequent travel to field
Accountable to Sustainable Livelihood Specialist/Water Resources Advisor
Supervisor: Water Resources Advisor
- Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Agricultural economics, management or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience
- Extensive work experience in the field of agribusiness, sustainable livelihoods development, water resources management
- Experience in micro-finance and enterprises development
- Experience in value chain and marketing in the rural setting, including development of business plans
- Experience in community mobilization and livelihoods related capacity building
- Strong sense of discipline and high moral conduct.
- Fluency in written and spoken Nepali and good in speaking and writing English
- Ability to work in a team and to deal with local government staff and other development partners.
- Good computer skills (MS Office)
- Training proposal writing, facilitation and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with RMs, Development partners, communities and in multi-cultural teams as well as willingness to work in difficult field conditions are essential.
- Support RMs in developing Livelihoods Implementation Plan and other strategies.
- Conduct detail analysis of prioritized income generation activities (commercial vegetables and micro enterprises) reflected in LIP and develop action plan for intervention.
- Assist GPO to develop proposals for livelihoods activities.
- Conduct district or RM level trainings on Livelihoods and Cooperatives related topics (includes training of trainers and specific trainings of other beneficiaries) as needed.
- Maintain coordination with local government agencies, local SOs and other stakeholders.
- Conduct detail analysis of the income generation activities (vegetable farming and micro enterprises) proposed for implementation and assist project RMs in implementation.
- Facilitate RMs, SO staff and other stakeholders to develop forward and backward linkages to ensure timely services.
- Assist in promoting Rural Advisory Services working together with different stakeholders.
- Support preparingRM work-plans for Livelihood and Cooperative activities in close consultation with respective RMs, GPO and SO.
- Guide and supervise the activities of Livelihood Facilitators and Livelihoods Promoters as assigned.
- Conduct annual performance evaluation of Livelihood Facilitators and SO team in close coordination with GPO, WRA and SLS.
- Assist in identifying market, provide technical guidance to the stakeholders for the marketing and market forward and backward linkages for the livelihoods and MEs;
- Ensure that progress of HG and income generation are on track as planned, review the progress and explore further strategies to meet the planned target.
- Support and carry out any other duties as required by the supervisor.
Before applying this job, i agree the terms & conditions of ramrojob.com.
This job is expired.