|No. of Vacancies||:||1|
|Experience||:||3+year’s relevant experience in NGO /INGO.|
|Documents Required||:||CV (Resume)|
|Job Category||:||NGO / INGO / Social work|
|Job Type||:||Full Time|
|Job Level||:||Mid Level|
|Educational Qualification||:||Bachelor degree in social science|
|Expiry Date||:||2018-12-09 - Expired|
TOR for Entrepreneurship and Livelihood Officer
1. Position Description
Position: Entrepreneurship and Livelihood Officer
Employer: Sunrise Children Association Inc. (SCAI) Australia
Reporting To: Program Manager, SCAI Nepal
Contract period: Until end June 2019 (following a 3-month probationary period), with possibility of extension past June 2019 based on performance and project need.
Types of contract: Periodical (renewal on 6 monthly bases after June 2019)
Location: Based in Kathmandu with frequent visits (80%) to Nuwakot and other program districts as per need.
2. Position Overview
SCAI Australia’s work focuses on the protection and development of disadvantaged and vulnerable children and their families in Nepal. SCAI is implementing various programs in Nepal, taking a holistic development approach, aimed at reducing poverty and improving the standard of living to ensure families are able to provide the basic needs for their children, including a good education and a nurturing family environment. Programs are largely centered on education scholarship programs with sustainable livelihood support. In addition, SCAI runs a residential child care home, a reintegration program and community school support in partnership with local NGO/NGOs.
SCAI, through these projects, aims to provide temporary support, strongly believing in empowering targeted groups to improve their livelihood condition, make them independent, and prosperous. SCAI believes that family and community are the key influencers on preserving and promoting the best interest of children. In this context, SCAI is looking for a highly motivated, committed candidate who is interested to join our team and help bring sustainable livelihood solutions for the people we serve.
The EALO will work closely with partner NGO’s and all stakeholders, including schools, RMs, civic society and governmental line agencies at project level while implementing the sustainable livelihood program.
- Be familiar and adhere to the Mission, Vision, Values, Strategy and Objectives of SCAI.
- Be familiar with and abide by the rules, regulations, guidelines and policies of SCAI.
- Be familiar and strictly adhere to the Code of Conduct of SCAI.
- Be actively involved in all stages of project lifecycle – Research & assessment, Planning (including Budgeting), Implementation, Monitoring and Evaluation.
- Be responsible for the Sustainable Livelihood Program overall but work closely with the SCAI team, partner NGOs, civic and governmental agencies including community and stakeholders for the successful implementation of program.
- Provide feedback on program guidelines for timely updates based on regular assessment, key learning and feedback from beneficiaries and stakeholders.
- Keep up to date information about the latest government policies, directives, and subsidies in connection to child protection issue, for livelihood improvement initiatives, analyze and report on these to ensure the programs address issues and deliver adequate response.
- Actively search for case studies of success stories from Nepal and other developing countries with respect to livelihood development, and develop networks of like-minded organizations for sharing and learning
- Be aware and respect the cultural value and gender sensitivity of the society.
- Ensure SCAI is appropriately represented and acknowledged in all activities at program and promotional level.
- Adopt participatory approach wherever possible, and mobilize the community to be actively involved for long term sustainability.
- Be free from the political influence of any parties and the political activities.
Reseach and Assessment
- Undertake feasibility assessment, baseline survey/wellbeing ranking, focus group discussion, market assessment, resource mapping at field level.
- Prepare necessary questionnaires, tools and survey template for all research and assessment works.
- Collate data and draw usable and useful summaries and conclusions for appropriate program development
- Develop sustainable livelihood strategy and intervention plan based on the survey and feasibility of project location.
- Visit field regularly, provide technical support, including organize meetings /workshops /trainings for NGOs, families and groups for their sustainable livelihood.
- Conduct SYIB training and facilitate user groups for the cost benefit analysis, preparing business plan.
- Facilitate family/user groups for selecting appropriate trade, entrepreneurship and income generating option.
- Facilitate family/user groups to access subsidies from local service providers.
- Conduct training for groups and orient them on procedures for group formation, micro saving /credit and other potential group interventions.
- Facilitate groups for preparing necessary operational TOR and guidelines, record keeping and necessary documentation.
- Assist group for minute taking, setting procedure for saving/credit and loan recovery.
- Facilitate groups for obtaining necessary approval, registration and alliance, and build linkage of the group with local support mechanism.
- Provide pre cooperative counseling, facilitate cooperative training and assist groups for merger and turning into cooperative.
- Assist groups for developing necessary guidelines, obtaining necessary approval, registration and association.
- Facilitate cooperatives for provisioning seed/revolving fund and operating cooperative activities and supporting family for entrepreneurship.
Monitoring/Coordination, Evaluation and Reporting
- Monitor SCAI supported livelihood activities through regular field visits ensuring the successful implementation of intervention.
- Follow-up and assessment of on-going grants (operations and financial), coordination with relevant stakeholders and other parties for ensuring the linkage and coordination.
- Ongoing evaluation of program effectiveness (outputs, outcomes, impacts) and suggest program improvements
- Prepare regular technical reports of research, survey and FGD and progress of the programs, as per the requirements of the organization.
- Carry any other task assigned by SCAI.
Salary and allowances
- The salary is attractive for the suitable candidate, subject to negotiation depending on the candidate’s educational background, skills and experience.
Others:As per organizational policy
5. Qualification and Competencies
- Nepalese citizenship
- CTEVT level 3 pass with entrepreneurship/livelihood related course.
- Knowledge of saving/credit, group and cooperative operation.
- Experience in program planning, budgeting, progress monitoring, financial monitoring, facilitating training/workshop/seminar, coordination (with authorities and stakeholders), and reporting ability.
- Good presentation skills, and ability to facilitate SYIB/entrepreneurship/saving, credit and other livelihood related training.
- Confident and willing to go on extensive field visits, working and staying in remote areas.
- Experience in vocational training and income generating activities.
- Very good command of English (written and verbal), MS Office and documentation
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and with minimal supervision
- Sound social background and special respect to children and marginalized families.
- Knowledge of Tamang language would be an asset.
- Mature and confident, with high level of integrity, positivity and team attitude.
- Motorbike or scooter license strongly preferred.
Before applying this job, i agree the terms & conditions of ramrojob.com.
SCAI Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages people from all backgrounds to apply. Eligible candidates are encouraged to apply with an application letter stating the suitability of candidate for this position.
A latest CV, passport size photo, copy of citizenship should be attached along with application. Application must be submitted by 9th Dec 2018, 5pm to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Applications received after deadline will not be accepted. Candidates from disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified for selection process.
Telephone enquiries will not be entertained. SCAI Australia requires that everybody associated with it abide by the Child Protection Policy.
A candidate needs to submit police report prior to final appointment.
This job is expired.