|Job Location||:||Nuwakot (70%) and Kathmandu (30%)|
|No. of Vacancies||:||1|
|Documents Required||:||CV (Resume), Cover Letter/Application|
|Job Category||:||NGO / INGO / Social work|
|Job Type||:||Full Time|
|Job Level||:||Senior Level|
|Educational Qualification||:||Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering|
|Expiry Date||:||2018-02-18 - Expired|
Shanti Volunteer Association (SVA) Nepal is a Japanese NGO implementing a project “Strengthening Resilience of Earthquake Affected Schools” in Nuwakot district from April 2017 to March 2020. To this intent, the organization is seeking an efficient, motivated and well experienced candidate to fill the position of Field Engineer.
Scope of the position:
Under the direction of the Project Coordinator, the Engineer will be responsible for the engineering and construction processes and management embedded in the project activities, including the constructions of schools and DRR training.
Main Responsibilities / Duties
- Ensure conception, implementation and supervision of the earthquake resistant construction in a timely, effective and high quality manner.
- Ensure strict compliance with the National Building Code and earthquake resistant techniques.
- Prepare building design, master plan, Bill of Quantities, cost estimates, technical specifications, final measurements, working method related for each projects and other necessary document required by GoN and donors for project approval.
- Prepare, organize and monitor trainings on school building maintenance and school based DRR training for teachers and SMC members.
- Prepare monthly progress report in English.
- Monitor, supervise and verify construction works undertaken by contractors and/or partner agencies to ensure that the structures comply with quality standards and approved designs.
- Participate in relevant meetings with schools and authorities both central and local level.
- Coordinate with CLPIU, NRA, DLPIU, DEO, municipalities, and local government authorities, schools and local partner and other stakeholders regarding technical aspects.
Skills and qualification
- Bachelor’s Degree in civil engineering with a minimum of 5 years of working experience. (Master’s Degree in Construction Management preferred)
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in design, cost estimate, site supervision of building’s construction projects,
- Sound knowledge in earthquake resistant building construction technique.
- Experience in giving training on DRR (preferably) and school building maintenance (essential).
- Willing to work in humanitarian programs and to travel to remote & difficult areas
- Extensive experience in management of contractors, supervision of construction.
- Excellent knowledge on structural engineering calculations, construction cost estimate, bill of quantity and tender process.
- Advanced computer literacy and proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel in particular) and AUTOCAD.
- Working experience with international organization (preferably INGO’s).
Before applying this job, i agree the terms & conditions of ramrojob.com.
Applicants need to apply with cover letter and their updated CV by 18th February 2018 no later than 17:00 via email firstname.lastname@example.org .
Only the short listed candidates will be invited for an interview.
No calls shall be entertained.
Qualified candidates from minorities, indigenous groups, women and with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply.
This job is expired.