|Documents Required||:||CV (Resume)|
|Job Category||:||NGO / INGO / Social work|
|Job Type||:||Full Time|
|Educational Qualification||:||Bachelor’s degree|
|Expiry Date||:||2018-06-20 - Expired|
Position: Energy Financing Advisor
Duty Station: Kathmandu
- Analyze the decentralized/snuff-scale renewable energy sector in Nepal and work together with AEPC, 'CREF, BFIs and LFIs develop at least 3 financial instruments/ tool aimed at improving access to finance to promote renewable energy technologies (RETs) in rural areas for energy access and productive use of electricity
- Provide technical backstopping to BFIs and LFIs to develop loan products, appraisal, due diligence to identify financially viable projects and monitoring of RE
- Develop loan processing documents, forms, formats and templates, as well as other supporting documents required to implement the new financing products and services
- Design and organize Capacity Development activities for BFIs and LFIs on RETs, and on risk and mitigation measures of RET (insurance and guarantee funds etc.)
- Design, plan, coordinate and conduct capacity development measures, awareness, financial literacy programme, workshops, orientation programmes with and for all different levels of government and stakeholders: this includes provincial governments, municipalities, AEPC/CREF, BFIs, LFIs and MSMEs to promote RETs through credit financing
- Provide support and assistance to AEPC, CREF and partner (rural) municipalities to promote and disseminate RETs through these financial instruments like credit financing and reduce subsidy in the long run
- Work closely with handling and partner banks of CREF to promote credit financing
- Support in implementation of Service Models (providing services on utility based approach: pay as you go, fees for service, etc.) for promoting Renewable Energy Projects for energy access and productive use at the municipal level, institution level and MSME level
- Develop financially sustainable business models to improve access to finance of Renewable Energy products and services
- Analyze, implement and monitor demonstration projects to ensure financial discipline and transparency to demonstrate commercially sustainable pilot projects
- Assist project developers and MSME for Business Development Services for the financial closure of the projects and monitor the loan repayment status
- Support revision of the subsidy policy to make it smart and sustainable through credit financing
Required qualification and experience:
- Bachelor's degree in finance, renewable energy, engineering, environment science, energy management, management and/or related topics with 10 years of total working experience in renewable energy sector and energy related issues
- OR a Master's degree in finance, renewable energy, engineering, environment science, energy management, management and/or related topics with 8 years of total working experience in renewable energy sector, and energy related issues
- At least 10 years of experience with access to finance especially in financing of energy or infrastructure related projects and knowledge of banking and infrastructure investment
- At least 5 years of experience in capacity development on access to finance related topics
- Relevant work experience in rural areas of Nepal and experience in working with local level government institutions, in/with international donor funded projects/ assignments will be an asset
- Good understanding of energy sector regulations, policies and laws, as well as issues and challenges of the rural energy sector in Nepal
- Working experience in public private partnership model will be an added advantage
- Extensive networking capabilities with government institutions and stakeholders in the private sector and civil society is also advantageous
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office
- Excellent language skills (oral and written) in English and Nepali
The salary and social benefits will correspond to the rules, applicable to GIZ national personnel in Nepal. Especially candidates from underprivileged castes and ethnic groups are encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates are requested to send a completed application including CV and two referees to the email at email@example.com by June 20, 2018. Only applications sent by email will be accepted, Please write in the subject line while applying by position: for "Ref. Nr 18009 - Energy Financing Advisor".
Only short listed candidates will be called for written test and interview. No telephone inquiries will be entertained. The organization reserves the right to cancel or postpone the whole recruitment process without providing any reasons whatsoever.
Before applying this job, i agree the terms & conditions of ramrojob.com.
This job is expired.