|Experience||:||At least three years’ programme management experience, preferably on a donor-funded international development projects (DFID experience an advantage)|
|Documents Required||:||CV (Resume), Cover Letter/Application|
|Job Category||:||NGO / INGO / Social work|
|Job Type||:||Full Time|
|Educational Qualification||:||Post graduate degree in a relevant field|
|Expiry Date||:||2018-01-19 - Expired|
Deputy team leader – Delivering UK Support to Post earthquake reconstruction in Nepal
Mott MacDonald is committed to improving people’s lives through creating and delivering tailored development solutions.
We work in developing countries to alleviate poverty, establish good governance, and increase access, capacity and resilience in healthcare, education, water, sanitation, transportation, infrastructure and renewable energy – while safeguarding the environment and promoting human rights and gender equity.
What makes us different is that we approach problems from a fresh perspective. As an employee-owned company, we have the freedom and independence of mind to find new ways to enhance human well-being and foster social and economic development through connected thinking.
Our International Development Services Unit, IDS, operates portfolios within theinternational development sectors of Environment and Water, Education, Health and Social and Economic Development in over 40 countries. Together we implement and manage projects in developing countries and emerging economies around the world, supporting national governments and municipalities in policy, planning, project design and delivery. We are committed to support the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals and to provide our expertise to improve the lives of people in need.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate, and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture.
We are seeking an experienced Deputy Team Leader for a long term, in-country role on the DFID funded Post-Earthquake Reconstruction Programme in Nepal.
The intended impact of the overall programme is long-term positive change in the lives of people in earthquake affected regions of Nepal. The programme will work in four of the worst affected districts and is comprised of five Output Areas:
- Support and provide capacity building to Government at national and sub- national level for detailed reconstruction planning and implementation.
- Direct physical reconstruction, including subcontracting and supervision, of agreed priority earthquake reconstruction interventions including reconstruction of water supply, foot trails, bridges, roads and public buildings.
- Analysis of, and interventions to address, constraints to the private sector, including issues related to supply of labour, materials and transport in the construction sector.
- Designing and managing a challenge fund to leave no-one behind in the reconstruction effort and to promote transformational change for women and girls.
- An evaluation and learning component.
The Deputy Team Leader will report to the Team Leader. The main responsibilities of the position will be to:
- Support the Team Leader to manage and coordinate the five programme output areas;
- Support the Team Leader in overall technical, programmatic and financial management;
Lead Output Area 1 of the programme (Support and capacity building to Government at central and local level in detailed reconstruction planning and implementation with an emphasis on building the capacity of newly elected gaunpalikas and their staff), including:
- Undertake institutional mapping and analysis at national and district level to inform needs assessments of the government’s capacity for reconstruction planning
- Design and implement activities and technical assistance to support local government capacity for reconstruction planning and
- Manage the Programme Field Coordinators and other field staff, who will be based in the programme area (currently Dhading, Gorkha, Rasuwa and Nuwakot districts), to implement technical assistance activities to support the government at municipality level;
- Lead communication and stakeholder engagement activities with government (national and sub-national), CSO and private sector.
- Ensure that project objectives, outcomes, and deliverables are met on time and within budget;
- Ensure the timely submission of technical, financial, and operational reports;
- Participate in program review meetings; providing analytical and evaluative techniques to identify and resolveissues or problems; and
- Perform other duties as required by the programme.
You will be an experienced consultant with proven technical skills in rural development and in the management of similar projects in Nepal, implementing projects funded by donors such as DFID, ADB, EU, WB.
- Political intelligence and an ability to understand, continuously re-assess and respond to a dynamic political economy at local and national levels
- Post graduate degree in a relevant field
- Significant technical expertise in capacity building and institutional strengthening at subnational and national level in Nepal
- Minimum ten years’ experience in planning and delivery of rural infrastructure in a similar context
- Strong knowledge and experience in any of the other programme Output Areas is highly desirable
- At least three years’ programme management experience, preferably on a donor-funded international development projects (DFID experience an advantage)
- Demonstrated understanding of the challenges of post-earthquake reconstruction
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Proven ability to build and maintain effective working relationships
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and to manage competing priorities;
- Attention to detail and ability to effectively and efficiently perform multiple tasks and balance competing priorities often within a required timeframe
- Team player and willingness to learn and support learning of others
- Fluency in written and spoken English is essential
Before applying this job, i agree the terms & conditions of ramrojob.com.
Please apply at the following link by 19 th January 2018 :
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
This job is expired.