|Job Location||:||Kathmandu, Nepal|
|Experience||:||Minimum 12 years of experience managing or supporting donor-funded programs (preferably USAID).|
|Documents Required||:||CV (Resume), Cover Letter/Application|
|Job Category||:||NGO / INGO / Social work|
|Job Type||:||Full Time|
|Educational Qualification||:||Advanced degree|
|Expiry Date||:||2017-08-21 - Expired|
Position Title : Country Manager
Location : Kathmandu, Nepal
Group/Unit : Clean Energy, Environment, Water (CEEW) Group
Reports to : Senior Director, CEEW
The Country Manager has responsibility for the effective management, project implementation, and strategic leadershipfor the Winrock International CEEWoffice in Kathmandu, Nepal to achieve the organization's vision, mission and objectives. The Country Manager Is responsible for CEEWportfolio management, staff development, and new business development, among other functions, but will also coordinate with other Winrock Groups and programs (Agriculture and Civil Society & Education) and the Chiefs of Party and staff for those programs. The Country Manager is responsible for representing Winrock to the Government of Nepal (GoN) and ensuring Winrock Nepal's good standing with the GoN as an officially registered International NGO (INGO} under the Social Welfare Council (SWC).
Specific tasks and duties include:
- Project and program implementation
- Office and project personnel management
- Resource planning and allocation
- Ensuring financing management oversight and operational compliance in accordance with Winrock International's headquarters in the USA
- Compliance with national laws and client/donor contract requirements
- Overseeing monitoring of and reporting on performance of projects
- Strategic new business planning for the CEEWNepal team and Winrock Nepal
- Identifying, developing proposals, and securing new business opportunities
- Coordinating Winrock Projects, New Businessand Operations to promote ''One Winrock"
The Country Manager willfocus on CEEW work, but till also be responsible for promoting a culture of communication and collaboration across Winrock's technical groups in Nepal and globally to leverage organizational experience to the benefit of Winrock in Nepal. The Country Manager is expected to spend around 20% of his/her time on office management, representation, strategic planning, and staff development; 20% on new business development, and 60% on project implementation.
Country Manager/Portfiallo Management:
- Ensure timely, results•oriented, and successful implementation of service delivery by CEEW office and project staff for projects and programs, Including direct technical work.
- Direct and lead Winnmk Nepal CEEW operations and projectperformance.
- Ensure operational compliance with internal Winrock policies and procedures and project compliance with a diverse group of donors and clients.
- Prepare and effectively manage internal budgets at the office (core) level and project specific level.
- Ensure timely and accurate compliance with all reporting, managerial and financial requirements necessary to maintain good standing as an INGO under Nepali law registered under the Social Welfare Council.
- Represent Winrock in all strategic and program matters related to programs in Nepal, as well as within the broader portfolio of Winrock Groups served.
- Maintain professional, effective, service-oriented relationships with current and potential funders and partners across the CEEW, Civil Society and Education, Agriculture and Enterprise, and other Winrock units or practice areas as needed.
- Ensure Winrock Nepal Is represented at key Internal or external events relevant to existing projects, potential new business areas, and technical areas of work. This includes participation in meetings and public speaking engagements, where the Director can showcase Winrock's relevant programs.
- Ensure Winrock Nepal complies with security standards and that security plans are updated.
New Business Development:
- Develop and lead a CEEW new business strategy for Nepal (including broader regional pursuits) with specific goals and targets, working with the US CEEW team.
- Provide leadership in identifying, developing, tracking and securing new business in relevant CEEW practice areas.
- Lead and support proposal development.
- In collaboration with Winrock colleagues in Nepal and around the world, strengthen relationships with key clients, organizations, associations and corporate partners to support business performance and growth.
- Prepare targeted marketing materials and client focused offering presentation In collaboration with home office program units, New Business Services and Communications teams.
- Coordinate new business efforts with other Winrock Groups senior staff in Nepal and the US to foster a One Winrock approach in Nepal.
- Lead the day-today management of operations and technical staff, and facilitate a productive team environment.
- Mentor staff by working closely with them on a specific task or skill (project management, new business development, etc.).
- Identify training needs and opportunities, both internal and external, to support institutional growth and capacity; and arrange for key training to be provided.
QUAliFICATIONS AND BACKGROUND:
Education: Advanced degree (Master's degree or higher) in Environmental Economics, Business Administration, Clean Energy, Environmental Sciences, Water Resources, Forestry, Ecosystem Services, or other relevant advanced degree required
- Minimum 12 years of experience managing or supporting donor-funded programs (preferably USAID).
- Minimum 8 years' professional field experience in renewable energy programing in developing countries. Experience in energy efficiency, water and other environmental areas a plus.
- At least S years' experience working in developing countries, including work In complex, politically charged, unstable environments is crucial.
- Experience managing to the highest ethical standards international projects valued at S25 million or more.
- Management and implementation of complex, multi-activity programming, on time and on budget.
- Financial/budget management, budget design, and complex grants program management facility is essential.
- Orientation toward community-led and — owned programs is preferred
- Experience targeting and reaching the most disadvantage groups especially girls, the disabled, pastoralists, returnees and internally displaced people
- Experience leading program design and strategic planning and Implementing strategic plans.
- Expertise designing and implementing or overseeing monitoring & evaluation systems.
- Emphasis on building capacity of and empowering host-country people and institutions highly desirable.
- Capacity to build, motivate, and effectively supervise a diverse team of local and expatriate employees.
- Previous experience managing a large staff and implementing programs in multiple remote locations.
- Good track record working with and/or partnering with a variety of individuals and organizations, including senior US and host country government officials, international agencies, private sector companies, and donor organizations.
- Proven ability to demonstrate the highest level of ethical standards; ability to multi-task and juggle competing priorities while ensuring quality output.
- Fluent English and Nepali language skills required.
- Facility with USAID regulations, policies, and procedures or those of an equivalently complex international government funding organization.
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills, creative problem solving, conflict, and ethical management skills.
- Ability to coordinate with home office, stakeholders, and clients is essential.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills; demonstrated ability to interact effectively and sensitively with multi-cultural staff, external donors and collaborators is essential.
- Computer literate in word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software (Microsoft).
Before applying this job, i agree the terms & conditions of ramrojob.com.
Applicants should submit a current resume and cover letter referencing Country Manager, CEEW to email@example.com by August 21, 2017
Winrock would like to thank all applicants for their interest but only candidates who meet all requisite criteria and are short listed will be contacted.
This job is expired.