|Experience||:||Minimum 1 year professional experience in earthquake resistant design and construction of buildings|
|Documents Required||:||CV (Resume)|
|Job Type||:||Full Time|
|Educational Qualification||:||Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering|
|Expiry Date||:||2017-12-15 - Expired|
For the position of Civil Engineer, Build Change is seeking a competent engineer for its projects in Nepal. This position reports to the Lead Structural Engineer.
- Conduct field site inspections to:
- Control field owner-driven construction implementation quality (including of house retrofits);
- Control quality of remote monitoring information collected by Build Change and partner organization staffs;
- Write regular quality control reports.
- Hold refresher trainings to Build Change field staff and Partner Organizations’ staff based on the quality control observations.
- Make recommendations for improving remote monitoring forms and overall remote monitoring platform.
- Assist in trainings for engineers, architects, drafters and other technical staff including development of training materials and presentations.
- Assist in solving problems and generating solutions in the field for special cases.
- Assist in controlling quality of information and implementation for projects in Nepal.
- Communicate and report to the management about the progress/issues of projects implemented by Build Change.
- Prepare field reports and assist in other reporting as requested.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering with minimum 1 year professional experience in earthquake resistant design and construction of buildings.
- Work experience private sector engineering firms an advantage. Self-employed / entrepreneurial spirit a plus.
- Work experience based in remote field locations a plus. Work experience with owner-driven or community driven construction a plus.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD and/or other Autodesk engineering software is a must.
- Knowledge of structural analysis and design software will be an advantage.
- No ego, drama, or pessimism; the successful candidate will be flexible, humble, patient, and have a good sense of humor.
- Fluent English and Nepali.
Before applying this job, i agree the terms & conditions of ramrojob.com.
This job is expired.