The position of Embassy official driver and messenger is a core requirement of mission operations. Drivers are required to transport officials with the experience of Car maintenance, delivery of mail / couriers and liaison with various local government offices.
- Drive official vehicles (both manual and automatic) for the Ambassador and Australian Embassy staff and VIPs, as directed. Out-of-office hours work may be required.
- Assist in maintaining the Embassy vehicle fleet to ensure that equipment is safe, clean and fully operational.
- Maintain records in relation to vehicle logs, maintenance, and fuel consumption.
- Provide timely and accurate transport planning advice on routes, traffic and timing.
- Independently research routes in advance to ensure efficient transit between destinations.
- Assist with arrivals and departures of official guests and visitors at airports.
- Assist with record keeping and basic administrative duties as directed
- Undertake other duties, as directed
- Education: Completion of an intermediate level is desired.
- Experience in being responsible for the driving and maintenance of vehicles.
- Language: Nepali required, and a high level of English-language skill is desired.
- A good driving record and experience driving senior officials and VIPs.
- Good judgment skills in handling unforeseen issues or difficult driving situations.
- Good knowledge of the Kathmandu valley and surrounding areas and a demonstrated ability to read and interpret maps and layouts.
- Proven ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Valid commercial Nepali driving license.
- Basic knowledge of vehicle maintenance.
- Ability to work under direction and with limited supervision and able to demonstrate initiative.
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings or weekends.
Click here for full text of Position Description
Salary and Allowances : Will be paid at Embassy WLS LE2.1
Application should include a one-page pitch, CV and names of at least two references in English
Application should be received by the Australian Embassy, Kathmandu, no later than 4:00 pm on 14 May 2021.
All applications should be emailed to the following email address : firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject of your email application should read : Application for Driver, (your full name)