Job Title: Admin and Finance Assistant
No. of Openings: One
Closing Date: 20 May 2021
Location: Amnesty International Nepal, Balaju, Kathmandu
Line Manager: Director via Admin & Finance Manager
Other key relationships: Campaigns, Media & Communications, HRE and Membership Unit
OVERALL PURPOSE OF JOB:
To support in ensuring the sound management of Amnesty International Nepal’s finances, administration, logistics and other campaign support activities.
Finance, admin and logistic support
- Support the Finance & admin manager in keeping track of the day to day finances and office administration;
- Support in maintaining financial records and accurate books of account, undertake journal entries and maintain proper financial documents (both electronic and hard copies);
- Assist in raising vouchers, prepare cheques and process payments in accordance with the standard practice including ensuring and monitoring proper authorization and approvals of each documents generated;
- Support the Finance & admin manager in accomplishing business transactions with government agencies, banks and others, as required;
- Help to maintain an assets Register for all office equipment and furnishings;
- Support the administrative works in the office including but not limited to the Organizational renewals, seeking official approvals, delivering letters and other items to the targets etc;
- Support the membership in-charge in recording, updating, analyzing and maintaining the membership and supporter profile in the software including printing members' ID cards when required;
- Support the Office Assistant in maintaining the store and keeping track of the records of the stocks received and disbursed;
- Provide executive and secretarial service to the Director including performing any specific task as designated by the Director.
Supporting Office Businesses
- Undertake proactively support initiatives to the Amnesty International Nepal team in its businesses including in the organization of public events;
- Undertake filed visits with Amnesty International Nepal team as and when required or requested for activities;
- Display a learning attitude and contribute to the overall office goals in general.
- Shows professional integrity;
- Displays a respect for diversity and is adaptable at plural operating spaces;
- Treats all people fairly without favoritism;
- Self-driven, self-starter;
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing;
- Ability to establish effective working relations in a multicultural team environment.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Management or any other related filed
- At least one year’s relevant work experience in a similar work environment;
- Ability to manage changing or conflicting priorities and operate effectively within a demanding work environment;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and advance knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web based management systems.
- Fluency in both oral and written English and Nepali.
Written applications in the given format should be submitted by 17:00 hrs. 20 May 2021 by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
AI Nepal is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture and highly encourages individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence. Only short listed applicants will be contacted for the interview. AI Nepal reserves the exclusive right to revoke or cancel the VA without any notice. Any attempt of canvassing or influence during the entire process of recruitment will lead to automatic disqualification.